Friday, February 28, 2014

Tips for Getting Disney Limited Edition Dolls

I've noticed recently that people are interested in knowing how I manage to get my limited edition dolls from Disney, so I figured I'd put together a post on what I do. Ever since the first Frozen limited edition dolls have been released in November, it seems more and more people are becoming interested in collecting them.




There are two different lines that Disney usually puts out for their limited edition dolls; the heirloom collection, which are 18'' dolls usually released when a new movie comes out or a movie is brought out of the vault, and the Designer line, which are 12'' dolls in a special case and elaborate outfits. The heirloom line started in 2009 with Snow White when the platinum version of her movie came out but the line didn't really become popular with collectors until 2012. The Designer line started in 2011 with the princesses, which were very popular and there ended up being a blood bath over the later releases, nicknamed ''dollmageddon''. In 2012 there were the Designer Villains, 2013 Designer Fairytale Couples, and a couple of  weeks ago a special Tinkerbell and Zarina were released for the new upcoming Tinkerbell movie.

The way I get my dolls is by waking up at 3 am every release and visiting a Disney collector forum I belong to, Disney Pin Forum. There are also facebook groups dedicated to the Limited Edition dolls if you have one. Anyways there a members on both of these sites that are able to find the links and post them for other collectors before the pages are viewable on the website. If you have your information already to go on the website, you can checkout super quick and fall back to sleep like I usually do.

That's simply all I do. I cannot stress enough to wake up at the time the website refreshes, which is 12 am pst, or 3 am est for me. These dolls usually sell out within an hour depending on what character it is and the edition size of it.

Anyways, expect a review soon of the Tinkerbell doll I mentioned above! I hope you can obtain the dolls you want now, so you don't have to end up over paying for it on eBay.


~Heather

14 comments:

  1. I am a grandmother who is desperately trying to purchase these dolls for my granddaughter. I never seem to get the information on time and I am even a Disney member to the D23 membership.... I have stood in line at the store mall, 3 times and all times my name was not called in the store draw as to who can purchase the dolls. I am not great at computers so any more advice you can provide so I have a fighting chance to get a doll is appreciated. As a senior on a fixed budget there is no way I can afford Ebay prices, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of times D23 Convention will offer entire sets of the Designer ones as preorder before they are available to the public. You get them at the same time as the public, but you are guaranteed the whole set all together on release of the final doll.

      Some malls also honor lines, not random lotto. If it's a random lotto, bring a friend to breakfast. My mall honors lines and even if I get there 3 hours before opening there are over 20 people in line.. then I wait 3 hours to find out I'm #21 in line with 20 dolls..

      Now I prefer online but it would be nicer to get them in stores to choose the one we like best. (face paint, hair styling)

      Delete
  2. Last question! Where do collectors post this sort of information on the disney pin forum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Other Disney Collectibles section. :)

      Delete
  3. Do they post also the links for the european releases? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they usually do! There is a fair amount of European members too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you're so lucky to have these dolls! I'm a total baby when it comes to Frozen dolls. I'm supposedly supposed to have outgrown dolls.... a long time ago. I don't care though, cuz I'm me and I love these frozen dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me how to get signed up on the Pin Forum? I've been trying for a few months now and once I get through the registration, I can never log in.
    I was reading that there is a link that a current member can send for a new member to sign up? I don't know if you would be willing or know what that means, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jen
    (Sorry for the duplication, I was trying to remove my name, but I see that didn't work. I'm new at this LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! I believe it's an open sign up. Are you confirming your account when they send you an email with the conformation link?

      Delete
  9. Usually if you are on the Disney Store website at the time the pre-sale begins you can type PreOrder (you may have to put a dash or space between the words) into the search field and they will show up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, i come from Germany and i would like to buy 17`` limited dolls at disneystore.com. But I`m new in the world of disney limited dolls and my english is not so good.
    Can you help me to get a doll??

    Where can i find this links at Other Disney Collectibles section?? and when are the links normally posted?? at 3 am est on release day?

    You can also send me a email:

    dennismeier214@gmail.com

    Thanks a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete