Sunday, September 8, 2013

An Itroduction

So before I post my first review I thought I'd properly introduce myself! My name's Heather and I'm 18 and recently graduated high school (finally!). For as long as I can remember I've loved dolls. When I was a child I was all about my Barbies, Bratz, and American Girl dolls. Sometime during 6th grade I'd lost interest in playing with them but never interest in them. That's when I transitioned into collecting them. Now my three biggest collections are my Disney, Monster High, and American Girl dolls. Let me show you what I've gathered so far!


Ignore the bright pink wall. I was going through an interesting stage when my parents painted my old bedroom for me.

 I'll start out with my American Girl dolls. My first one was Kit, who I received for Christmas 2001 when I was six from my mother's side of the family. How did I decide on Kit first? Well way back when my town's public library was having a raffle for the newest American Girl to encourage kids to read. Well I was a little bookworm and loved reading and visiting the library (what kid didn't?). I'm guessing that was my first exposure to American Girl as I only have an older brother and no girl cousins. Well I read and read furiously so I could enter my name numerous times for Kit. Long story short, my name wasn't picked and I didn't get Kit from the library. Well my Mom, Grandma, and Aunt all felt bad for me and bought her for me for that Christmas. Well to be honest I don't remember any of this so this is more of my mom's story. Kit was never my favorite from what I can remember, Felicity filled that role.

Now Felicity I do remember getting! I took my first trip to New York City and American Girl Place in 2004 for my 9th birthday. Well I went in dead set on getting Felicity and I did! At that time she was only available on AG's website and in the stores. Felicity was my favorite growing up and she's still one of my favorites now. She's what encouraged my love for history and when I was younger I was obsessed with colonial America and read everything I could about it. I also believe she was what fostered my love for red heads, and I've been dying my dishwater blonde hair red since I was 13.

Kirsten I bought sometime before Josefina with my own money. Sadly I didn't really have any interest in her when I was little so I didn't have anything from her collection besides herself and her accessories. I say sadly because now she's my favorite, besides Felicity, thanks for my love of Scandinavian culture. So now I'm paying eBay prices for her collection. 

Josefina I got on my second trip to AGNY and I also loved her a lot when I was younger and still do. I love her stories and personality, clothes, and culture. Out of all the historical girls she's the one I relate to most personality wise, though I haven't read any of the main girls' stories past Kaya. And I also haven't read them as an adult, so maybe that's changed but I highly doubt it. Like Josefina I've always been gentle, shy, and soft spoken. I'm also an animal lover too!

I also have Elizabeth and JLY 4 but have no real emotional attachment to them. I plan on selling them and what I have for them because I'd like to get Addy, Kaya, and Rebecca for my collection eventually.



 

Here's a quick picture from my Disney collection. This is only a small part of it. Ariel's my favorite princess, so naturally I have the most merch of her. I have a lot more dolls of other princesses though. I love Disney as much as I do dolls!

My MH collection and a couple of random stragglers.
 Lastly we have my Monster High collection. I mainly focus on collecting Lagoona, Abbey, and Rochelle, my favorite characters. I also liked Twyla and decided I'd start collecting Spectra too because I like her character and she looks good displayed next to Twyla. I've been collecting Monster High since they debuted in 2010 and basic Lagoona was my first doll in July of 2010. I love how detailed they are and the whole concept of them. 

So there you have it! Those are my main collections but I'm always open to adding different lines to my overall doll collection. My first review will actually be about the new Pinkie Cooper line!


~Heather




4 comments:

  1. neat ariel doll collection *q*
    the only dolls Ive had were an ariel and an aurora mattel doll(well,I think they WERE mattel,I bought them from a 2nd hand store)

    and as for your MH doll collection,I haven't seen anyone with that many lagoonas ^^
    and do I spy a madeline hatter doll? I love her! (i don't have her tho,our country doesn't have ever after high yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I've been collecting Lagoona's since her basic version first came out. I love characters that are connected to the water I guess.

      Ever After High isn't scarcely found in the States too, just in Justice stores right now.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Heather! I also love Ariel, Disney, Monster High, and I'm a doll collecter, as well! O-O I've actually slacked off on collecting, but the new Frozen dolls got my attention (that's how I found your blog; googling to find out-of-box pictures of them). And oh gosh, I'm so in love with the boy dolls, from that line, and the toddler Anna doll. Also: Lagoona was my first Monster High doll, too! I didn't even know what Monster High was, and I just happened to see her, one night, in summer 2010, while cutting through the toy department at Walmart. And she was the only one they had, and her box was all beat up, and nearly crushed. I just fell in love with her little webbed hands, and fishy lips and eyes. :3

    You have a lovely collection, and you write great reviews!! Best of luck with this blog, and happy holidays to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! I definitely recommend getting the Frozen dolls you like. I really love them if you couldn't tell haha. I also love how unique Lagoona is too and her webbed hands and ears are some of my favorite things about her.

      Happy holidays to you too! :)

      Delete